Rose quartz is known as the crystal of unconditional love. It's said to boost feelings of self-love and foster loving relationships with others. Smoky quartz is considered a grounding stone and may help you feel rooted to planet earth. It's believed to be mood lifting and is used for protection.
The rose quartz is believed to embody powerful healing qualities that may be beneficial both for physical and emotional health.
It’s said by some that rose quartz can:
- heal relationship problems
- promote mutual understanding
- inspire an attitude of compassion and kindness
It’s also believed it can boost feelings of:
“Predominantly, rose quartz is a crystal of unconditional love that brings deep healing to the heart by opening the heart chakra,” Birch explains. “Once achieved, a deeper state of calmness, serenity, and peace is reached, which ultimately results in complete relaxation, encouraging the feelings of happiness and contentment.”
The rose quartz is also believed to have benefits for physical health, particularly when worn or carried on your body.
Rose quartz “is especially powerful when worn close to the heart,” Birch claims. “Rose quartz wards off negativity, and when carried on your person, helps to replace negative emotions with positive, returning the wearer to that place of pure love and balance.”
That said, you should never use a crystal to replace the advice and treatment of a qualified healthcare professional.
How to use?
You can use rose quartz crystals in several ways, including:
- including them in rituals
- wearing them on your body
- placing them under your pillow
- decorating your home with them
- placing them on an altar or sacred space
- holding them while you meditate
- adding them to your beauty routine
Rose quartz rituals
Rose quartz is often used in rituals, from manifesting desires to calling in unconditional love. Want to give it a try? Here are just a few ways to ritualize your rose quartz.
Setting intentions with rose quartz
Rose quartz is believed by some to enhance the power of your intentions, especially those relating to love, romance, or compassion.
Here’s how to set an intention with this crystal:
- Sit in a quiet, calm space. You can set the mood by lighting incense or a candle.
- Slow your breathing and attune your attention to the present moment.
- Ask your crystal for permission to activate its energy, placing it in the palm of your hand.
- Charge your crystal with your intention, sending the desire into the stone.
- When you’re done, write your intention down on a slip of paper and place it under your rose quartz.
- Leave it in a special place for as long as you want to invoke the energy of that intention.
Rose quartz mist
To spread the loving, romantic energy of rose quartz in your space, you can simply combine the stone with a bit of water. To do it:
- Add small pieces of rose quartz to a small glass spray bottle. Using an amber bottle is best.
- Fill the bottle 3/4 full with purified spring or distilled water.
- Let the bottle sit for at least 1 hour. This is believed to diffuse the qualities of the quartz into the water.
- When ready, spritz the water anywhere you want to invoke love. Try your bedspread, your couch, your clothes — even yourself!
- As you spray, tune in to the energy of the crystal and what you’d like to invite into your space.
Rose quartz crystal grid
A rose quartz crystal grid is said to create a powerful space for manifestation. You’ll need several rose quartz crystals to set it up. Here’s how:
- Place crystals in a circle, diamond, or star pattern. You can be as creative as you want here.
- If you have enough crystals, keep creating outer layers so that your first shape is encircled by a second, larger shape and so on.
- When your grid is complete, you can use it as a hotspot for meditation, prayer, or even an energetic incubator to charge objects. Simply sit in the center or your crystals or place your desired object there.
- Once you do so, active the grid by feeling into your heart space and activating your intention.
- Focus on the situation, relationship, or opportunity you want to manifest.
- When you’re done, thank your stones and close the space by collecting the crystals.
Rose quartz jewelry
One simple way to incorporate rose quartz into your life is by wearing it. Rose quartz earrings or a ring keep your crystals close by.
According to Birch, wearing rose quartz on a necklace keeps the stone close to your heart, making it particularly potent.
“As a necklace, rose quartz is especially powerful because it’s worn close to the heart and heart chakra. This enables the heart center to open and release any tensions or stresses held there,” Birch claims.
Under your pillow
Birch suggests that placing rose quartz under your pillow will encourage gentle dreams.
“You’ll take on the soft, peaceful, soothing energies of the crystal as you sleep,” he explains. “This will result in your dream being calm, peaceful, and loving, once again emitting a positive vibration.”
In your home
You may like to place a rose quartz crystal in your home or office space or on a special altar or sacred space.
“Placing a piece of rose quartz in the center of your house or apartment will enhance compassion and heart healing for the whole family,” Birch claims.
In your beauty routine
Rose quartz is often used in beauty routines, both as a tool and an ingredient.
Rose quartz is often used for face rollers and gua sha tools. Many beauty products also include rose quartz, like Kora Organics Rose Quartz Luminizer and Gemstone Organic Rose Quartz Face Créme.
Any supposed benefits of rose quartz are purely anecdotal. There’s no scientific evidence to indicate that rose quartz crystals offer benefits beyond those supplied by placebo.
Still, crystals may be an important part of cultural, spiritual, and healing practices for many people.
It’s believed among crystal healers that rose quartz can promote feelings of self-love.
“Rose quartz may be used to balance emotional health, release emotional blockages, and balance other chakras,” explains Birch. “Once you recognize and feel pure love within you, this pure love energy is what those around you feel and see and, most importantly, what they react to.”
Some people recommend the use of rose quartz during meditation.
“In meditation, the high vibration of rose quartz is beneficial not only to yourself but also to the planet,” claims Birch. “Connecting to rose quartz with meditation enables you to reach into that feeling of bliss, self-love, and stillness.”
When meditating with rose quartz, Birch recommends giving thanks to the crystal as you close your practice.
It’s believed by some that rose quartz may be beneficial for the skin.
“For the skin, rose quartz can be used as an elixir made up by steeping the crystal in water overnight, in moonlight if at all possible, to charge the energies for maximum benefit,” Birch claims. “This can then be used as a face wash for sensitive skin or to reduce the signs of wrinkles and obtain a clearer, more youthful complexion.”